A Gantt chart creator is an online platform that you can use to create a complex or basic Gantt chart to map out the workflow of your projects. It is an effective method that has been used for many years, dating back to 1917.
In this article, we will look at what an online Gantt chart creator is, how to create one and its benefits to your projects and project team.
Índice de contenidos
What is an Online Gantt Chart Creator?
Originally, a basic Gantt chart was created using pen and paper when it was first developed in 1917 by Henry L. Gantt. This made it difficult when a change needed to be introduced to the project as the Gantt chart had to be drawn up from scratch each time, making it inefficient. With modern technology and project applications you can create a Gantt chart online easily.
An online Gantt chart creator allows you to calculate your most optimal workflows, manage resources and costs, communicate, draw up reports depending on the features offered by the specific online Gantt chart creator and more. The most important thing is that changes, which are frequent in projects, can be introduced easily and a cloud-based Gantt chart can be accessed by anyone involved in the project from anywhere in the world.
How to Create a Simple and Easy Gantt Chart
The following are some steps to consider when creating you Gantt chart diagram:
- List out all of the tasks to be completed as part of your project on a weekly Gantt chart creator.
- Input the earliest start date for every task.
- Input the duration of each task.
These steps are sufficient if you want to create a simple and easy Gantt chart. If your project is more complex and detailed with dependent tasks, consider the following steps as well:
- A Gantt chart of activities that are dependent on each other can be created by inputting the dependencies.
- Determine your predecessor tasks.
- Identify the milestones and by when you would like to reach them.
Your Gantt chart diagram is a visualisation of the work you and your team will undertake. An online Gantt chart creator that is easy-to-use and intuitive will greatly add value to your projects as well as calculating your most optimal workflow, depending on the Gantt chart website you use.
The Benefits of Using a Gantt Chart Program
There are many benefits to using an effective Gantt chart program. In this section, we will take a look at the benefits on the project and in the section below, we will consider that benefit for the project team:
- Determine tasks: When you use a Gantt chart program, you will be forced to think of all the possible tasks that need to be completed as part of the project that you are undertaking. This will allow you to gain a better understanding of the project as a whole and how it will play out.
- Clarify by when tasks should be completed: If your project is more complicated and include a lot of dependencies, an effective Gantt chart creator can help to lay them out clearly for everyone to see and understand.
- Find the critical path: After drawing up a quick Gantt chart, some online Gantt chart creators will calculate your critical path using the CPM method. This will better equip you and your team to reach critical deadlines.
- Makes work more manageable: An online Gantt progress chart that includes features such as sub-task management allow you to break down complex tasks and make them more manageable for team members to complete.
What a Gantt Chart Schedule Can do for a Team
- Increase Collaboration: An online Gantt chart creator that includes communicative features can help to stimulate collaboration in your project team. With these communicative features team members can discuss ideas and resolve any doubts that they have.
- Improve Clarity: A Gantt chart website that has an easy-to-ue and intuitive Gantt chart creator can help to improve the clarity of your workflows by determining and portraying what is going to happen, by when and who is responsible.
- Decentralised Teams: If you’re wondering when to use a Gantt chart, the answer is in any project situation. Whether you and your team work in one location or if you have a decentralised team, an online Gantt chart creator that is cloud-based allows everyone involved with the project to enter it and track its progress.
- Keep your team up to date: A Gantt chart schedule can help to keep your team up to date on project progress as tasks completed are validated along the way and some online Gantt chart creators offer weekly email updates.
A Gantt chart website that include other useful features can greatly enhance your projects and their organisation. There are various Gantt chart creator programs available that you can try, some of the best including Sinnaps, Allisian, TeamGantt and Bubble Plan. Try creating your next Gantt chart using one of these Gantt chart creators and let us know about your experience in the comments below! 😊