According to the PMI Pulse of the Profession 2017, a lack of clear goals is the most common factor behind project failure at 37%. A monthly Gantt chart online is a project management method that can be used to clearly define your project goals and milestones for your team to follow.
Using a monthly Gantt chart excel template advantages your projects in a number of ways. In this article, we will go over the benefits of using a Gantt chart monthly template, how to use a monthly chart template and what a monthly Gantt chart is.
Índice de contenidos
What is a Monthly Gantt Chart?
A monthly Gantt chart is a horizontal bar chart that is used to plan and manage projects. It was developed in 1917 by Henry L. Gantt. It can be planned using a Gantt chart monthly template, the benefits of which we will take a look at further down the article. The visualisation of your project plan allows you to effectively coordinate and track the tasks that form part of your projects.
Gantt charts were traditionally created using a simple pencil and paper. Today, however, a monthly Gantt chart excel plan can be easily drawn up online using effective project management software or applications such as excel.
A monthly going chart plans out your project tasks horizontally across a calendar structure. This allows you and your team to clearly see what needs to be done, by when and by whom. This provides essential clarity to the project plan. A monthly Gantt chart excel template free download is available with different project management software. You can use a monthly Gantt chart excel template to plan your projects based on previous successful projects and modify them to the requirements you need.
How to Use a Monthly Chart Template
A monthly chart template is very useful to use for you and your project team if you do not have a lot of experience in the area. Using a monthly chart template will allow you to become more familiar with its structure and how it works. The following are some steps to take in to consideration when planning a project with a monthly Gantt chart excel template:
- List Tasks: When planning your project using a monthly Gantt chart excel template free download you should first list out the tasks that will form part of your project. These tasks can also be broken down further into subtasks to make them more manageable.
- Add Start and Finish Dates: Make sure that each of your project tasks have their start and finish date. The Gantt chart monthly template will then automatically calculate their durations and the start and finish date of the overall project.
- Customise: If you are using a monthly Gantt chart excel template to plan your projects, remember that you can customise and modify the template according to your specific project and any changes that it may require.
The Benefits of Using a Monthly Gantt Chart Excel Template
This Chart allows you to plan and manage your projects creatively and according to your project needs. Let’s take a look at some of the advantages that come with using a monthly Gantt chart excel template:
- Time: Using a Gantt chart monthly template can save you and your project team valuable amounts of time and effort. This is because you do not need to plan your project from scratch each time. This is especially useful if you tend to undertake similar projects with similar tasks or timeframes.
- Experience: Using a monthly Gantt chart excel template free download that is available on various platforms allows you to draw on the experience of other project management professionals that wish to share their Gantt chart monthly template. This can greatly enhance your own projects and allow you to learn from seasoned professionals in your industry.
- Cloud-based: Creating a this Chart with project management software means that your template is in one safe place and can be accessed remotely by your project team members. This makes it fantastic for decentralised teams and helps to ensure that collaboration and communication are stimulated even if all team members are not in the same place. This is because a lot of project management software is cloud-based.
Overall, a Gantt chart monthly template can greatly enhance your project management experience. The various benefits it brings to you and your project team can make the difference between an average and great project. Try planning your project using a monthly Gantt chart template and let us know what you think in the comments below! 😊